Celebrity Cruises has a deal going on right now which is excellent for families. The deal? The Sail Beyond Event, which saves every person in your stateroom up to $150. That number goes up to $200 if staying in a suite.
The price saving per person breaks down to:
- $50 for Inside Staterooms
- $100 for Ocean View and Veranda Staterooms
- $150 for Concierge Class and AquaClass Staterooms
- $200 for Suites
The first two people for each stateroom also get two free perks if staying in an ocean view stateroom or higher category. Suite guests get all four available perks plus a Premium Beverage Package upgrade. Perks include:
- Classic Beverage Package (includes alcoholic beverages)
- $150 Onboard Spending
- Unlimited Internet
- Prepaid Gratuities
Additional third and fourth guests in a stateroom or suite get a Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and 40-minute Internet package.
To learn more about this offer and see terms and conditions, click here.
If the Sail Beyond Event sounds enticing, but you’re not sure Celebrity is the right fit for your family, we have good news for you. You may be surprised to learn just how many family and kid-oriented activities are offered on Celebrity Cruises. You can read more about why Celebrity Cruises is the ideal vacation for families in this informative blog post about family travel on Celebrity Cruises.
Not sure what cruise itinerary to do with your family? Here are some ideas to get your travel planning going.
Teach your kids about the marvels of engineering by taking them on a Panama Canal Cruise. While sailing along the Panama Canal, you’ll get a close-up view of how the intricate lock system works to help ships pass through the waterway. It’s impressive to behold and neat to experience the filling and emptying of the water as you sit on the ship and the lock system does its work. You and your family will also get a taste of the wonders of Central America when you stop in ports such as Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala; Puntarenas, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; and Cartagena, Colombia. Shore excursions include educational and adrenaline-inducing activities like the Tuk-Tuk Family Tour Challenge in Puerto Quetzal and ziplining through a rainforest. Here is an itinerary to check out that departs from San Diego, California (an easy to get to port for most west coasters!) that may be around your Spring Break time.
Are your kids interested in history? Or do you want them to get more excited about their Western Civilizations class? Whisk them away to see historic sites and learn each sites story firsthand on a Mediterranean cruise itinerary that sails roundtrip from Civitavecchia, the port gateway to Rome. Add a vacation package for exploring Rome before or after your cruise and teach your kids about gladiators in the Colosseum, government in the Roman Forum, and the art marvel that is the Sistine Chapel. Your itinerary will likely stop in other ports in Italy before traveling south to Greece, or north to Spain and France.
- This 10-night Italy and Greek Isles cruise also stops in Athens and Rhodes, where there’s ancient wonders to behold.
- On this 11-night Best of Western Mediterranean cruise, you can introduce your children to the history of the Renaissance in Florence and explore the stunning coastline of France and Spain, including the vibrant city of Barcelona. Plus, a July sail date makes it easy for families to work it around school schedules.
If you want a combination of fun in the sun and action-packed days on your family vacation, a cruise to the Caribbean is the way to go.
With younger kids, consider a western Caribbean cruise since these often depart from Florida ports (Miami or Fort Lauderdale) making for a shorter flight to your vacation embarkation point and then quicker sailing time to ports of call. Here are a couple itineraries to check out that fall around spring break time this year and next.
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami stopping in Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Click here for a last minute trip during spring break time this year, or click here for a similar itinerary departing from Fort Lauderdale in April of 2018 and see if times up with your kids’ school’s spring break.
Families who don’t mind venturing a bit farther to start their cruise vacation can fly to Puerto Rico and do a southern Caribbean cruise. Visit exotic islands like St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and Barbados. These itineraries offer a variety of islands and fun opportunities for shore excursions in every port. Here are a couple to check out:
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean cruise departing April 8, 2017 and visiting St. Croix, Dominica, St. Kitts, Martinique, and St. Thomas.
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean cruise departing April 14, 2018 and visiting Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, and St. Thomas
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday cruise departing December 23, 2017 and visiting St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, Dominica, and St. Kitts.
So, if you’re feeling underwhelmed by this year’s spring break plans, add some excitement to your next family vacation with a family cruise on Celebrity Cruises. To book your family’s dream cruise, visit www.CelebrityCruises.com or speak with your travel agent.