2017 is already half way over, but that still leaves plenty of time to fit in a vacation that will keep this year memorable for you. Not sure where to go? Here are some great ideas on where to travel during the last half of 2017, whether you’re looking for a winter getaway or a last minute summer cruise.
Keep Chasing the Warm Weather in 2017
If you’re already dreading the end of summer, keep the sunshine continuing with a cruise to a tropical or exotic destination.
The last half of 2017 is going to bring colder weather for most residents of the west coast. Luckily, the Caribbean isn’t too far away. Escape to the gorgeous islands of the Caribbean when the weather starts getting really bad in November and December before the craziness of the holidays hits on these sailings:
- 12-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise: Departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with stops in San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Castries, St. Lucia; St. George’s, Grenada; Bridgetown, Barbados; Roseau, Dominica; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis.
- 10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise: Departs from Fort Lauderdale with stops in St. Johns, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; and Philipsburg, St. Maarten.
- 11-Night Dutch Antilles Caribbean Cruise: Departs from San Juan, Puerto Rico, and visits St. Croix, USVI; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; and Charlotte Amelie, St. Thomas.
Been there, done that when it comes to the Caribbean? Consider traveling to the desert….in Asia. This Arabian Coast Immersion cruise from Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will have you the envy of all your friends when you come back talking about seeing the wonders and scenery found in Muscat, Oman; Sir Bani Yas, UAE; Dubai, UAE; and multiple nights in port in Abu Dhabi.
That’s not the only cruise you can do in Asia out of Abu Dhabi. This roundtrip Arabian Sea and India Cruise which sails from Abu Dhabi in December is a unique way to see Goa, India; Mumbai, India; Muscat, Oman; and Dubai, UAE.
Always dreamed of visiting Southeast Asia? The 14-night Southeast Asia Immersion Cruise departing on December 10 on Celebrity Millennium from Singapore visits Bangkok, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and Hanoi, Vietnam, before ending in Hong Kong, China.
You can also make your Southeast Asia vacation a holiday cruise by getting on the ship when it’s in Hong Kong on December 24 and sailing on a roundtrip cruise that visits Hanoi (and Halong Bay), Vietnam; Hue, Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam; Kaohsiung, Taiwan; Hualien; Taiwan; and Taipei, Taiwan.
Another “it” destination to go to during the remainder of 2017 is the Galapagos, and a cruise is an amazing way to see it, especially on Celebrity’s Xpedition cruise ship, a smaller ship that expertly navigates the waters and islands of the Galapagos.
If you’re looking to escape winter weather, keep in mind our winter is summer in the southern hemisphere, which you can take advantage of with a December cruise around New Zealand and Australia. New Zealand in particular has been growing in popularity as a travel destination since the Lord of the Rings trilogy came out and now is the time to get there before it becomes even more popular.
Last Minute Cruises this Summer
If you haven’t yet gone on a vacation this summer, but still want to go on one, a last-minute cruise may be the perfect solution for you.
Alaska cruises only run from May through September, making them an ideal choice for a summer vacation that you can’t do at another time of year. Though Alaska cruises tend to book up fast, you’re in luck — there are still some staterooms and suites available on summer cruises to Alaska. Check out these two Alaska itineraries sailing the end of August:
- 7-Night Alaska Cruise departing from Seward, Alaska, and ending in Vancouver, British Columbia; includes ports of call in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan, and sails past Hubbard Glacier and along the Icy Strait and Inside Passage.
- 7-Night Alaska Cruise from Seattle on Celebrity Solstice; stops in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway and also sails the Inside Passage and by Tracy Arm Fjord before returning to Seattle.
Europe is also a coveted place to travel in summer thanks to gorgeous weather and sunny seaside towns.
This last minute sailing to the Mediterranean departs from Rome, Italy, on July 31 and visits Florence, Italy; Nice, France; Barcelona, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Gibraltar, United Kingdom; Cartagena, Spain; and Ibiza, Spain.
Thinking you’d rather travel somewhere in northern Europe? This last minute 12-night itinerary departs from Amsterdam, Netherlands, this August and has ports of call in Inverness, Scotland; Edinburgh, Scotland; Liverpool, England; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland; and Bruges, Brussels.
Feeling overwhelmed about booking last minute airfare to Europe? Call Celebrity Air Agents or your travel agent and enquire about Celebrity’s ChoiceAir option that offers competitive rates for airfare and is easy to add onto your cruise booking.
To book your cruise or find out more information about 2017 sailings with Celebrity Cruises, visit www.CelebrityCruises.com or speak with your travel agent.